The Busia County Cooperative Enterprise Development Fund was established by the County Government of Busia through an Act of Busia County Assembly, the County Cooperative Enterprise Development Fund Act, 2014.
The mandate of the Fund is to, among others:
- Provide funds to be used for granting low-interest loans to cooperative institutions
- Provide funds for the revival, initiation and support of cooperative enterprises in Busia County
- Attract and facilitate investments in cooperative sector institutions that have linkages to women, youths, PWDs, low income groups, micro, small and medium enterprises
- Facilitate marketing of products and services by cooperative institutions
For the proper management of the Fund, the County Executive Committee (CEC) Member in-charge of the Cooperative Sector is required by law to appoint members of the Cooperative Enterprise Development Fund Committee through a competitive and transparent recruitment process with approval of the County Assembly.
To qualify for appointment as a member of the Committee, a person shall:
- Hold a degree from a University recognised in Kenya
- Possess at least three (3) years professional experience in the relevant field
- Meet the requirements of leadership and integrity as provided for in Chapter 6 of the Constitution or relevant national legislation
- Proven experience in Cooperative Management, fundraising and donor relations are an added
It is therefore announced to the general public that vacancies exist for persons who are not public officers, to join the Cooperative Enterprise Development Fund Committee.Successful candidates shall hold office for a term of three (3) years renewable for one further term.Qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications to the address below:County Executive Committee Member
Department of Economic Development, Trade, Cooperatives, & Industrialisation
County Government of Busia
Cooperative House, Assembly Road
P. O. Box 353 – 50400
Busia, KenyaApplications must be received not later than 5:00 pm Friday, 29th April, 2016.
4568 Total Views 1 Views Today